CBO releases farm bill score
By Sara Wyant
© Copyright Agri-Pulse Communications, Inc.
CBO estimates that the new Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) payments “would average $3.2 billion per year; however, actual payments from year to year would probably vary considerably from that expected average payment.”
The bill also would authorize appropriations over the 2013-2017 period for existing and new USDA programs involving research and education, nutrition, trade promotion, rural development, credit assistance, forestry, and conservation initiatives. CBO estimates that implementing those provisions would cost about $28 billion over the next five years,assuming appropriation of the necessary amounts.
To view the full CBO report, click: www.agri-pulse.com/uploaded/CBO_Pub_S3240.pdf
For more news, go to: www.Agri-Pulse.com
1. Roberts, Stabenow reach deal on GMO labeling
2. Senate negotiators reach deal on GMO labeling
3. 2018 Farm Bill-Soil Health
4. A strong Rust Belt showing could help Trump in November
5. USDA signs MOU with beekeeping groups