Pelosi plans to stay
© Copyright Agri-Pulse Communications, Inc.
WASHINGTON, Nov. 14, 2012 - Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told members attending a Democratic Caucus meeting Wednesday morning that she intended to run again as minority leader of the House.
Her announcement ends speculation that the 72-year old Pelosi, who served as Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2007-2011, will step aside - even though she fell short of her goal of electing 25 new Democrats and regaining the Majority. She was the first woman to hold the title of Speaker and has been the highest-ranking female politician in American history.
Pelosi has represented California's 8th Congressional district, which consists of about 80 percent of the San Francisco and the surrounding county, since 1987.
For more news, go to: www.Agri-Pulse.com
1. Roberts, Stabenow reach deal on GMO labeling
2. Senate negotiators reach deal on GMO labeling
3. 2018 Farm Bill-Soil Health
4. USDA signs MOU with beekeeping groups
5. A strong Rust Belt showing could help Trump in November