USDA extends comment period for Dow's 2,4-D resistant crops
© Copyright Agri-Pulse Communications, Inc.
WASHINGTON, Feb. 21, 2014- The comment period for USDA's evaluations of Dow AgroSciences' corn and soybeans resistant to 2,4-D is extended until March 11, the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) announced today.
APHIS noted the extension is provided in response to stakeholder requests to provide additional time for comments.
The draft environmental impact statement (DEIS) open for comment evaluates the potential environmental impacts of one corn and two soybean varieties genetically engineered by Dow AgroSciences, LLC, to be resistant to the 2,4-D herbicide and several other herbicides.
To submit comments electronically to the USDA docket on http://www.regulations.gov, use docket number APHIS-2013-0042.
For more news, go to www.agri-pulse.com
1. Roberts, Stabenow reach deal on GMO labeling
2. 2018 Farm Bill-Soil Health
3. Senate negotiators reach deal on GMO labeling
4. USDA signs MOU with beekeeping groups
5. A strong Rust Belt showing could help Trump in November