Connecticut Rep. Joe Courtney named to House Ag Committee
© Copyright Agri-Pulse Communications, Inc.
WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2013 - U.S. House Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Collin C. Peterson, D-Minn., today announced that the Democratic Caucus has appointed Connecticut Second District Congressman Joe Courtney to serve on the House Agriculture Committee for the 113th Congress.
“I look forward to again working with Rep. Courtney on the many issues overseen by the Agriculture Committee,” Peterson said.
Courtney previously served on the Agriculture Committee during the 112th Congress where he was a strong advocate of reforms to existing dairy programs.
For more news, visit www.agri-pulse.com.
1. GMO bill advances to House showdown
2. Teachers honored for planting Ag in school curriculum
3. Battle over GMO labeling shifts to Senate
4. House votes to bar GMO labeling
5. USDA bracing for bigger bird flu outbreak