Agri-Pulse is pleased to announce that both USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack and EPA Administrator Michael Regan are confirmed keynote speakers for the 2021 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit.
"We are excited to bring together these leaders to discuss the potential for agriculture to play a key role in providing solutions to climate change and the challenges that the industry could face in providing measurable and profitable outcomes,” said Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse editor and founder.
This year's summit will feature three virtual half-day sessions, March 22-24, with the theme: "Climate Risks, Rewards and Uncertainties." Discussions will focus on research needs, potential costs, carbon payments, federal policy options, proposed regulatory changes and more. Wyant says that the event provides a great way for participants to quickly get up to speed on how farmers, foresters and food companies are engaging in climate policies.
Other speakers include:
- Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow
- Senate Agriculture Committee Ranking member John Boozman
- House Agriculture Committee Chairman David Scott
- House Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Glenn Thompson
- Senator Mike Braun, Senate Climate Solutions Caucus
- Robert Bonnie, USDA
- Chuck Magro, Nutrien
- Debbie Reed, Ecosystem Services Market Consortium
- Frank Mitloehner, UC Davis
- Marty Matlock, University of Arkansas
- Barb Glenn, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
- Leslie Sarasin, FMI – The Food Industry Association
- Chuck Conner, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- Zippy Duvall, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Elizabeth Gore, Environmental Defense Fund
- Rob Larew, National Farmers Union
- P.J. Haynie III, National Black Growers Council
- Chris Harbourt, Indigo Carbon
- Jason Weller, Truterra
- Tom Worth, Risk Management Agency
- Tara Smith, Crop Insurance and Reinsurance Bureau
- Dave Tenny, National Alliance of Forest Owners
- Bob Kirchoff, Organic Valley
- Krysta Harden, U.S. Dairy Export Council
- Erik Fyrwald, Syngenta
- Lynn Scarlett, The Nature Conservancy
- A.G. Kawamura, Solutions from the Land
- Mitchell Hora, Continuum Ag
- Sara Place, Elanco Animal Health
- Udi Lazimy, Eat Just
- Paul Snyder, Tillamook County Creamery Association
- Moira Mcdonald, Walton Family Foundation
Sponsors of the 2021 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit include:
Gold: American Farm Bureau Federation, Corteva, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit, FLM Harvest, Indigo Ag, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, and Syngenta.
Silver: Environmental Defense Fund and Dairy Management Inc.
Bronze: Ag Council of America, American Sugar Alliance, American Seed Trade Association, Elanco, Farmer Mac, John Deere, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, Nationwide, National Crop Insurance Services, National Farmers Union, National Milk Producers Federation, U.S. Dairy Export Council, Pivot Bio, Truterra, and Finsbury Glover Hering.
For more news, go to www.agri-pulse.com.