Applications for the new USDA Organic Dairy Marketing Assistance Program (ODMAP) will now be due Aug. 11.

ODMAP aims to address challenges organic dairies face including market volatility, input costs, and unstable feed supplies. The program helps organic dairies across the nation — from Vermont to Wisconsin to California — remain stable.

Administered through USDA’s Farm Service Agency, ODMAP has been allocated $104 million to help organic dairies with marketing costs this year. Assistance will be calculated based on the farm’s marketing costs in 2022. According to a news release, USDA says that for new, transitioning or expanding organic dairy operations, “assistance is based on projected marketed production in 2023.”

It’s easy to sign up for a FREE month of Agri-Pulse news! For the latest on what’s happening in Washington, D.C. and around the country in agriculture, just click here.

FSA plans to make an initial payment of 75% of the eligible ODMAP assistance to eligible applicants. If funds remain after the initial checks, FSA says it will distribute an additional payment “not to exceed the remaining 25%.” 

Producers can contact FSA at their local USDA Service Center before Aug. 11 to apply. Organic dairies that produce cow, goat or sheep milk are eligible.

For more news, visit