WASHINGTON, D.C., June 8, 2015—American Agri-Women is celebrating 40 years of advocating for agriculture with its “Drive Across America,” a five-month educational and advocacy tour. Agri-Pulse Communications is the media partner for the campaign.
AAW is the nation’s largest coalition of farm, ranch and agri-business women. Agri-Pulse is the most trusted farm and rural policy source in Washington, D.C., providing a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, food safety, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance.
“Our past and our future are based on advocating for agriculture and presenting the truth about production agriculture to the public, policy makers and the media. We are so pleased to have a media partner like Agri-Pulse, one that shares our commitment to the truth,” says AAW President Sue McCrum.
Agri-Pulse has a long history of involvement with AAW leaders, dating back to Editor Sara Wyant’s role in coordinating a series of Farm Women’s Leadership Forums in the 1980s.
“It’s always a pleasure to work with talented farm and ranch women who are passionate about sharing their stories about modern agriculture,” Wyant says. “We look forward to following their travels.”
McCrum and other leaders will drive in a specially wrapped pick-up truck, participating in educational, network and advocacy events hosted by AAW’s more than 50 affiliates. The Drive will finish at the 2015 annual convention in Portland, Maine.
Throughout the drive, follow Agri-Pulse Communications for news updates and special interviews.
Leading agriculture, agri-business and marketing organizations are sponsoring the Drive Across America:
- McCain Foods USA processes potatoes from family farmers throughout North America.
- Bayer CropScience is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. A stop will be held on June 12 at Bayer’s Bee Care Center in North Carolina.
- Penobscot McCrum is a vertically integrated company that specializes in every aspect of potatoes.
- The Renewable Fuels Assn. is the authoritative voice of the U.S. ethanol industry.
- Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries dedicated to this purpose: Bringing plant potential to life.
- CCI Marketing is a leading agricultural public relations and marketing firm and supports AAW with its AgPR news service.
- CoBank is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network supporting the borrowing needs of U.S. agriculture and the nation's rural economy.
- Valent USA develops and markets products that protect agricultural crops, enhance crop yields, improve food quality, beautify the environment and safeguard public health.
- Freestyle Productions is a full-service event production company that produces dynamic videos, webcasts, events and more.
- Sunrise Agricultural Associates is global network of agricultural, legal and educational professionals.
About American Agri-Women
American Agri-Women promotes the welfare of our national security through a safe and reliable food, fiber and mineral supply. Since 1974, AAW members have worked together to educate consumers; advocate for agriculture; and offer networking and professional development opportunities. Go to the AAW web site for more information and to join, www.americanagriwomen.org. Find AAW on social media at: Facebook.com/AgriWomen/ and Twitter.com/Women4Ag/ (@Women4Ag).
Follow the event on Twitter with the hashtag #AAW40years and #DriveAcrossAmerica or follow the event on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/AgriWomen/.
American Agri-Women is celebrating 40 years of advocating for agriculture with its “Drive Across America.” Agri-Pulse Communications is the media partner for the Drive.
Contacts: Lynn Woolf, vice president of communications, 316-648-3717, firstname.lastname@example.org