WASHINGTON, Feb. 24, 2016 - According to a new study from Dodge Data & Analytics – World Green Building Trends 2016, Developing Markets Accelerate Global Green Growth the percentage of companies that expect to have more than 60 percent of their building projects certified green is anticipated to more than double by 2018, from 18 percent currently, to 37 percent.
The anticipated growth will be driven largely by countries that still have developing green markets, with firms from Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, China and India reporting dramatic growth in the percentage of projects that they expect to certify as green.
Other key findings from the report include:
· Global green building continues to double every three years.
· Brazil expects six-fold growth in the percentage of companies that expect to certify the majority of their projects green; five-fold growth is expected in China; and four-fold growth is expected in Saudi Arabia (from 8 percent to 32 percent).
· Building owners report seeing a median increase of 7 percent in the value of their green buildings compared to traditional buildings.
· The most widely reported benefit globally is lower operating costs.
· The top sector for green building growth globally is commercial construction, with nearly half (46 percent) of all respondents expecting to do a green commercial project in the next three years.
· Reducing energy consumption continues to be the top environmental reason for building green (selected as one of the top two reasons by 66 percent of all respondents), protecting natural resources ranked second globally (37 percent) and reducing water consumption ranked third (31 percent).
For more news, go to: www.Agri-Pulse.com