WASHINGTON, August 1, 2016 - The Association of Equipment Manufacturers, in conjunction with Agri-Pulse Communications, is sponsoring a Rural Infrastructure Summit on Monday, August 29 at the Iowa State Center’s Scheman Building, in Ames, IA. The summit will be held from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm followed by a networking reception.
The Summit will address how we develop new, innovative ideas to solve the infrastructure challenges that rural America faces today and in the future; both in the day-to-day operations of the agriculture economy and in simply getting products moving around the world.
A cross-section of leading companies and organizations will be participating in the program that is structured for maximum discussion and input by the speakers and attendees. Leif Magnusson, AEM Chairman and President, CLAAS Global Sales – Americas will kick off the event.
The program will consist of two panels moderated by Sara Wyant, Editor of Agri-Pulse:
Panel 1 – Rural Infrastructure and the Ag Economy: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
· Bob Fox – Vice Chair, Ag and Rural Affairs Steering Committee, National Association of Counties, and Commissioner, Renville County, MN
· Doug Boone, President, NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, and CEO, Premier Communications, Sioux Center, IA
· Mike Steenhoek, Executive Director, Soy Transportation Coalition
· Stuart Anderson, Iowa DOT, Director of Planning, Programming and Modal Division
Panel 2 – Disruptive Innovation: Not Just for Silicon Valley
· Andrew Jacob, Chief Vice President, Regulatory, Legislative and Compliance Officer, CoBank
· John Engelen, Vice President, Government Affairs, CHS Inc.
· Darryl Matthews, Senior Vice President and Sector Head, Agriculture, Forestry, Positioning Services and HarvestMark Divisions, Trimble Navigation, LTD
· Kevin Kimle, Director, Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative, Iowa State University
· Bert Farrish, CEO, Big River Rice & Grain, Pioneer, LA
Following the summit, the Association of Equipment Manufacturers and other organizations such as CoBank, CHS, Inc., National Corn Growers Association, National Grain and Feed Association, NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, Soy Transportation Coalition, US Grains Council, and the Waterways Council will sponsor a seven-part follow up series “Keeping Rural America Competitive”. This special editorial series launches September 12th on Agri-Pulse.com.
About the Association of Equipment Manufacturers: AEM is the North American-based international trade group providing innovative business development resources to advance the off-road equipment manufacturing industry in the global marketplace. AEM membership comprises more than 900 companies and more than 200 product lines in the agriculture, construction, forestry, mining and utility sectors worldwide. AEM is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices in the world capitals of Washington, D.C.; Ottawa, Canada; and Beijing, China.
About Agri-Pulse: Agri-Pulse is the most trusted source for farm and rural policy information in Washington, D.C., providing a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, food safety, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Daily Harvest and Agri-Pulse Daybreak early morning news summary and breaking news on www.Agri-Pulse.com