Ambassador Kip Tom, Secretary Sonny Perdue, Chef José Andrés, and retired General William E. (Kip) Ward, former Commander of the United States Africa Command, are part of an all-star lineup of speakers who will explore crucial links between food security and national security.
The global food system has been tested in 2020 like no other year in recent memory. From the COVID-19 pandemic to global supply chain and weather disruptions, there has been heightened awareness of how food is grown, harvested, distributed and sold.
“We never could have imagined how the critical connections between food security and national security would be generating headlines when we first planned this Summit in 2019,” says Agri-Pulse Editor and Founder Sara Wyant. “We are so pleased to be able to bring together such a great cross-section of industry and government leaders to address several different aspects of these challenges.”
The 2020 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit, which will be held as a virtual event, will explore these subjects and more with a premier lineup of speakers on Sept. 21. The speakers include:
- José Andrés, Chef and Founder, World Central Kitchen
- Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue
- Ambassador Kip Tom: U.S. Representative to the U.N. Agencies for Food and Agriculture
- Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts
- Senate Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Sen. Debbie Stabenow
- House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson
- House Agriculture Ranking Member Mike Conaway
- USDA Under Secretary Ted McKinney
- Alan Rudolph: V.P. for Research, Colorado State University
- Everett Hoekstra: President, US Animal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Liz Wagstrom: DMV, Chief Veterinarian, National Pork Producers Council
- Jeff Simmons: President and CEO, Elanco
- David Perry: President, CEO and Director of Indigo
- Teddy Bekele: Chief Technology Officer, Land O’Lakes
- Zippy Duvall: President, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Rob Larew: President, National Farmers Union
- William E. (Kip) Ward: Retired Army General Officer, inaugural Commander of AFRICOM
To register, click here. Registration is free to Agri-Pulse subscribers, congressional staff and media. Non-subscribers can register and obtain a six-month subscription to Agri-Pulse for $149, normally priced at $747 for a full year.
Summit sponsors include: American Farm Bureau Federation, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit, Farm Journal, FLM Harvest, International Dairy Foods Association, John Deere, National Pork Producers Council, Nutrien, Aimpoint, Boerhinger Ingelheim, Agriculture Council of America, American Sugar Alliance, Dairy Management Inc., Farmer Mac, Glover Park Group, Land O’Lakes, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, National FFA, Nationwide, National Crop Insurance Services, Pivot Bio, Syngenta, and National Farmers Union.
About Agri-Pulse: Agri-Pulse is the most trusted source for farm and rural policy information in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, CA, providing a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, labor, food safety, water, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Daily Harvest early morning news summary, Agri-Pulse Daybreak, Agri-Pulse DriveTime podcast, and breaking news on www.Agri-Pulse.com.