Celebrity chef José Andrés, Secretary Sonny Perdue, Chairman Pat Roberts and Ranking Member Debbie Stabenow are part of an all-star lineup of speakers who will explore the crucial links between food security and national security.
From a world-renowned chef to the Secretary of Agriculture and leaders of the House and Senate Agriculture Committees, you’ll have a chance to learn about several aspects of how food security and national security are interconnected during the upcoming Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit.
“The global food system has been tested in 2020 like no other year in recent decades. From the COVID-19 pandemic to global supply chain disruptions and climate change, there has been heightened awareness of how food is grown, harvested, distributed and sold,” said Agri-Pulse Editor and Founder Sara Wyant. “Our speakers bring a wealth of talent and policy perspectives to this discussion and they’ll share the latest updates about what changes are needed as we look ahead.”
The 2020 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit, held this year as a virtual event, will explore these subjects and more with an all-star lineup of speakers on Sept. 21. The speakers include:
- José Andrés, chef and founder, World Central Kitchen
- Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue
- Ambassador Kip Tom, U.S. Representative to the U.N. Agencies for Food and Agriculture
- Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts
- Senate Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Sen. Debbie Stabenow
- House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson
- House Agriculture Ranking Member Mike Conaway
- USDA Undersecretary of Agriculture for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs Ted McKinney
- Alan Rudolph, V.P. for Research, Colorado State University
- Everett Hoekstra: president, U.S. Animal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Liz Wagstrom, DMV: chief veterinarian, National Pork Producers Council
- Jeff Simmons: president and CEO, Elanco
- Laura Wood Peterson, senior director, government affairs, Indigo
- Teddy Bekele: chief technology officer, Land O’Lakes
- Zippy Duvall: president, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Rob Larew: president, National Farmers Union
- William E. (Kip) Ward: retired Army General Officer, inaugural commander of AFRICOM
To register, click here. Registration is free to Agri-Pulse subscribers and congressional staff. Non-subscribers can register and obtain a six-month subscription to Agri-Pulse for $149, normally priced at $747 for a full-year.
Summit sponsors include: American Farm Bureau Federation, Deere & Co., Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit, FLM Harvest, International Dairy Foods Association, National Pork Producers Council, Nutrien, Aimpoint, Boerhinger Ingelheim, Agriculture Council of America, American Sugar Alliance, Dairy Management Inc., Farmer Mac, Glover Park Group, Land O’Lakes, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, National FFA, Nationwide, National Crop Insurance Services, Pivot Bio, Syngenta, and National Farmers Union.
About Agri-Pulse: Agri-Pulse is the most trusted source for farm and rural policy information in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, CA, providing a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, labor, food safety, water, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Daily Harvest early morning news summary, Agri-Pulse Daybreak, Agri-Pulse DriveTime podcast, and breaking news on www.Agri-Pulse.com