University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources is recruiting 16 new extension specialists over the coming year with expertise in issues ranging from agricultural toxicology to the economics of food supply chains.
Some 106 expansion specialist and adviser positions have been released since spring 2021, using increased 2021-22 state funding.
- Agricultural Toxicology Specialist, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine;
- Agroecology Specialist, UC Santa Cruz Center for Agroecology and Department of Environmental Studies;
- Climate Resilience and Labor Specialist, UC Berkeley School of Public Health;
- Dairy Cattle Production Health and Management Economics Specialist, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine;
- Diseases of Nursery Greenhouse and Native Crops Specialist, UC Davis
- Economics of Diversity and Equity Specialist, UC Berkeley Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics;
- Economics of Food Supply Chains Specialist, UC Davis Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics;
- Engineered Wood Products and Design Specialist, UC Berkeley Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management;
- Food Crop Safety Specialist, UC Riverside Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology;
- Nutrition and Health Equity Specialist, UC Davis CAES Department of Nutrition;
- Regenerative Agriculture Specialist, UC Merced Department of Life and Environmental Sciences;
- Soil Health Specialist, UC Davis Department of Land, Air and Water Resources;
- Subtropical Fruit Crop IPM Specialist, UC Riverside Department of Entomology;
- Urban Water Quality, Health and Justice Specialist, UC Irvine Department of Civil and Environment Engineering;
- Water Equity and Adaptation Policy Specialist, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation;
- Weed Science Specialist, UC Riverside CNAS Department of Botany and Plant Sciences.
For more news, go to: www.Agri-Pulse.com